Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Say Yes to the Dress!

As Andrea has said, my mom and I are wedding dress shopping MACHINES. Almost everyday in the past two weeks, we have visited at least one bridal store in the afternoon - a nice break from working in the morning and working in the evenings (side note: these days, I'm making hard quizzes for 2nd year economics and coming up with benchmarks for thesis which I'll blog about tomorrow).

Rewind to May when I tried on my first dress in a small shop called Jolie on St. Clair. The first dress I put on ever, I just absolutely fell in love with. But at that point, I was obviously not ready to commit. Plus, a girl will only be engaged once in her life so she might as well try as many dresses as possible. So, since then, I scanned through A LOT of magazines but didn't start going to stores again until about 2 weeks ago. Crutches in hand, I was determined to find my dress before surgery because the order takes up to 8 months!

After going from shop to shop, I got more confused because (without sounding vain) every style and fabric looked great on me: lace, tulle, mermaid, poofy, etc. But, for some reason, I always thought back to my first dress. Then yesterday, while at another store, I tried on this first dress again and knew it was the one! I wanted to be faithful to Jolie, so my mom and I drove back to St. Clair and today, we bought the dress, for over $550 less than the retail price. Amazing! I'm in full support of helping the local community ;-)

Anyway, I'm THRILLED and though I cannot post the dress on my blog (because I want to keep it a secret from Jeff), I thought that I could share some of the dresses that I did like when I tried them on.

By Jai Bridal: a very elegant silk dress with flowers
that looks almost identical to the dress below.

By Ines Di Santo: I didn't try this one on but just wanted to share
that Jai is probably $5000 cheaper.

By Sophia Tolli: A real princess dress with tulle and lots of beads

Anyway, I'm happy (and proud) that my dress is much more fabulous than what I've shown here! Now onto the next item: photographer!

-ange xx

No comments:

Post a Comment