Saturday, September 12, 2009

In Anticipation of Cold Winters

This afternoon, Mom and I went to Yorkdale to return a t-shirt that she had bought for Jeff as a "welcome home" gift when he visited last weekend. Unfortunately, the shirt didn't fit properly so we had to make a trip back to the mall... but who am I to complain about having an excuse to go to the mall?

Summer is not even officially over and stores are already selling clothes for the winter season. Seems crazy right? Who would buy winter coats in early September? The answer: me! I totally splurged on a Soia & Kyo wool coat today!


My classic wool coat by Soia & Kyo (from here)

In my defense, I went through ALL of last winter (the one where we had record snowfall in Toronto) without a proper coat. I actually bought one last December from the Guess store - my store of choice as 80% of my wardrobe comes from it, and it even inspired the name of this blog: now-GUESS-what. However, after two weeks, the zipper broke so I exchanged it for a new one. Then about a month later, the zipper on the new one broke too, but this time, I was out of luck as winter coats were no longer being sold in January. I simply got credit (which I later spent on summer clothing!) and was forced to brave the cold since no other store sold coats either.

Anyway, I was first introduced to Soia & Kyo by Andrea a few years ago while slacking on our Master theses, and last year, when I showed my mom how awesome this Canadian brand is, she bought a coat immediately which made her instantly cooler than me. I've been jealous ever since... but today, I think I've overcome my envy and guaranteed some warmth in the cold months to come - two birds with one stone =)

-ange xx

No comments:

Post a Comment