Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Me Versus Knee - Round Two

Last Friday was surgery day and while it went quite smoothly, the pain is much worse than what I first experienced when I injured it in July. Fortunately, I have lots of good medication to help combat the pain, but it has made me very sleepy so I spend most of my days resting, with barely any energy to sit in front of the computer. Today's a much better day though.

So, on Friday morning, I arrived at the hospital at 7am for registration. At 8.30am, Dr. Theo's assistant asked me which knee they were going to operate on. After I said "right", he took a marker and drew an arrow with the letters "ACL" on my leg (see below).

My post-operated knee

I then laid down on a prep bed where two nurses spoke to me simultaneously and quickly, one setting up my IV in my left hand and the other stabbing a needle in my groin. At some point, Dr. Theo came into the mix and started talking to me too. I was then pushed into the OR. I don't remember anything after that (I was extremely sedated) except that I woke up at 11.45am!

I was discharged from the hospital at 2pm and have not stepped outside ever since. My mom has been home everyday to take care of me - thank goodness! My mobility is limited and I'm very reliant on my crutches. I'm hoping that the worse is almost over! If you're curious as to what the stitches look like underneath the bandages, let me know! I took photos ;-)

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!
-ange xx

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it went okay.....get better soon! We'll come visit sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks D! How are you, Chris and Chloe? I've been reading your blog (as always)... I can't believe she's a little adult =) So pretty and soooo your daughter with her love of shoes!

    ReplyDelete