Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labour Day Weekend

I have been so excited to write about this past labour day weekend but in the past two days after Jeff left (that's right! Jeff was home! Yay!), I was determined to finish making 11 second year engineering economic quizzes in preparation of the school year starting today and my absence after surgery in 2 weeks. Admittedly, there might be a slight correlation between my mood and the difficulty of the quiz before (happy = easy) and after (sad = hard) Jeff's visit.

Anyway, we had just the nice relaxing weekend that I needed. After being apart for 2 months since Hawaii, all I really wanted to do was be in his presence and enjoy it!

On Friday, we met with Reverend Ralph at Knox College who gave us some ideas for our ceremony. The chapel, which is located on U of T campus, is classic and beautiful, and even romantic to me considering we met at school almost 8 years ago!

Knox College Chapel (from here)

Knox College walkway to chapel (from here)

That night, we went to the movies and watched "Inglourious Basterds". A bit gory but one of the best flicks we've watched in a while!

On Saturday, we ran some errands and took it easy - enjoying dim sum and Mom's amazing dinner (picture to come!). Actually, she made LOTS of great food for Jeff over the weekend because she, too, was excited that he was home. In fact, we just finished all the leftovers yesterday!

On Sunday, Jeff's mom and Paul came down for lunch and we hit our regular spot: the Baton Rouge at the Eaton Centre. We were all craving the baby back ribs! After lunch, we sneaked a peek of the Arcadian Court and I began to dream about what it will look like in a little more than a year. The stamp of approval from Jeff came from him saying "I like the palm trees - very Californian" as you can see in the background of picture below.

Arcadian Court (from here)

On Sunday evening, we had a BBQ with Jeff's friends who live in Corsa Italia. After that, he went to Labour of Love while I stayed back to nurse my knee. Side note: last week was the first that I no longer used my crutches!

On Monday, we slept in before going on a lunch date and walk around the city. The weather was perfect all weekend (albeit humid) but it was a luxury we haven't gotten in Toronto all summer. We picked up Wii Resort, as I mentioned in a previous post, so we spent the evening laughing a lot while trying to set records and unlock mini-games.

Then came Tuesday morning, and the inevitable drive to Pearson. However, this time, I maintained a bit more strength knowing that we will see each other again in 4 weeks for Thanksgiving.

Anyway, that's the story of our lovely and comfortable weekend - just like old times! Now I have to get ready to go to the hospital for my pre-op blood test and on Tuesday, I will see Dr. Theo who will give me clearance for surgery... or at least he should since I've been working so hard on my physio!

-ange xx

No comments:

Post a Comment